Currently, notifications for disconnected rental properties are not being sent. We urge you to check your properties to protect against possible damage or unsafe conditions.
Some things to consider:
- Are the water pipes protected against freezing?
- Are the natural gas appliance connections sealed properly?
- Is electricity required for a sump pump?
- Does the meter serve any other property or equipment?
If you have any questions, please contact us.
You can receive average bill information for your rental properties and have the
utilities turned on in your name when a tenant leaves.
New landlords or property managers:
- If you are not currently listed as the landlord or property manager in our system, you need to
enroll in landlord reversion.
- If you are already listed as the landlord or property manager, you can
register for access.
Why should I register?
- You own or manage multiple properties within the WPS service area.
- You are interested in receiving average bill information on the properties you own or manage.
- You are interested in switching service back to your name if you have a tenant move out.
If you no longer wish to have utilities turned on in your name when the tenant leaves,
remove landlord reversion.