Teach students conservation. Save their schools money.
The best way to leave a healthy planet for future generations is to teach young people to become good stewards of the environment. That's why WPS has created SolarWise for Schools, an award-winning solar and renewable energy education program for high schools in our service area.
When a school joins SolarWise, it receives:
- A free 2-kilowatt solar energy system installed at the school.
- A hands-on, 31-lesson renewable energy curriculum.
- Teacher training to integrate curriculum materials into existing courses.
- The opportunity to participate in our annual Solar Olympics. View 20 years of Solar Olympics
How does Solarwise make an impact?
Over 20 years, each SolarWise school will:
- Produce 60,000 kilowatt-hours of clean electricity.
- Save nearly $7,000 in energy costs, or $300–400 every year.
- Avoid 48.4 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions.
- Educate 2,000 students in renewable energy.
Support SolarWise for Schools
About 2,500 WPS customers have helped make the SolarWise program possible. See how you can help us bring free solar power and renewable energy education to high school students.
SolarWise in the news
Interested in becoming Solarwise?
If you'd like more information on becoming a SolarWise school, call 800-450-7260 or email the SolarWise for Schools manager.