Please complete our online residential service application at least 1 week prior to the excavation of your foundation. Before services and meters can be installed, the following conditions must be met:
- Submit a completed property site sketch and liability waiver form along with your application, or within 3 business days of submitting your application.
- The construction site and building foundation must be back-filled to within 6" of final grade.
- The service route is to be cleared 10' wide of brush, building materials, etc.
- The electric meter base must be installed.
- The gas meter location must be clearly marked on either the foundation or external building wall.
- Any private underground facilities must be marked and paths located.
- An Inspection Report from a State of Wisconsin certified electrical inspector or a Wiring Compliance Statement from the electrician needs to be received by WPS before energizing the electrical service.
- Easements need to be signed and on file with WPS, when determined necessary by the utility.
- All service installation charges over $20 must be paid in advance of construction, charges $20 or less will be waived.