For Release: 11/26/2018
WPS hiring more than a dozen customer service representatives
To continue providing outstanding service to its customers, Wisconsin Public Service (WPS) is looking to hire a total of 13 full-time and seasonal customer service representatives. Applications are now being accepted for the positions, which include a starting wage of $18.43 per hour.
To apply, interested candidates should visit the WEC Energy Group careers website to complete the online application. Applicants must have a high school diploma (or equivalent), three or more years of experience in the customer service field, and the ability to work a variety of shifts and extended hours during periods of severe weather. Applications will be accepted through Dec. 3.
WPS customer service representatives often serve as the energy company's primary resources to assist more than 770,000 customers in northeast and north central Wisconsin. Duties include:
- Answering customer questions about energy bills and bill payments.
- Helping customers start, stop or transfer electric or natural gas service.
- Providing efficient service in initial interactions with customers.
- Providing information on billing and rate options.
- Assisting with calls for service for electric and natural gas outages.
Seasonal customer service representatives will be employed full-time from approximately March through October, with orientation and training beginning in January. Interviews and skills testing for the full-time and seasonal positions begin Nov. 26.
For More Information, Contact: